CHATEAUX, RIVERS & WINE
HOSTED BY LOUISE WILSON
September 30 to October 8, 2022
Join Louise Wilson on an 8 Day Cruise through the famed French wine region of Bordeaux on board the Viking Forseti. Discover the ports, vineyards, farms and forests of Aquitaine, once Europe’s richest kingdom. See Bordeaux’s fountains and cellars. Hunt for truffles in Périgord, and create your own personal blend of Cognac at the Camus distillery. Savor France’s finest oysters fresh from the bay at Arcachon. Sip Saint-Émilion, Médoc and Sauternes in their own ”terroir” on an 8-day cruise through Bordeaux—a region synonymous with fine wine and finer living.
Bordeaux, France Roundtrip | 8 Day Cruise
Celebrate joie de vivre in Bordeaux, land of the world’s finest wines, oysters, truffles and cognac, as you cruise the Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers on one of Viking’s award-winning Longships – the Viking Forseti.
- River-view stateroom
- Hotel-style bed with optional twin-bed configuration; luxury linens & pillows
- 40″ flat-screen LCD TV with complimentary Movies On Demand
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
- Refrigerator; security safe; hair dryer
- Spacious glass-enclosed shower
- Heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirror
- Premium Freyja® toiletries; plush robes & slippers
- Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Visits to UNESCO Sites
- Enrichment lectures & Destination Performances
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- 24-hour specialty coffees, teas & bottled water
- Port taxes & fees
- Ground transfers with Viking Air purchase
Day 1 | Depart Toronto
Flight times to be determined when scheduling becomes available!
Day 2 | Bordeaux, France
Day 3 | Bordeaux, France
Tour the city center this morning and see some of Bordeaux’s highlights, including the Place des Quinconces, one of the largest squares in Europe; the neoclassical Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux; and several spectacular churches. Afterward, enjoy free time to explore the city’s vibrant pedestrian area. Later this afternoon, we sail upstream along the Garonne River to Cadillac, a small town with a towering castle that gave its name to the American car brand.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4 | Cadillac (Sauternes), France
Day 5 | Libourne, France
Day 6 | Bourg & Blaye, France
Day 7 | Pauillac, France
Day 8 | Bordeaux, France
Day 9 | Bordeaux, France
BASE CABIN: $3624 per person based on double occupany.
Please fill out the contact form below for specific rates and cabin availability.
*Prices are per person in CAD. All prices include taxes. Book now with a $500 deposit. Final payment is due on May 31, 2022. All payments are non-refundable. Cancellation insurance is recommended – please call office for pricing. Itinerary is subject to change.
REQUEST A QUOTE
If you’re looking to hold a space on this Bordeaux River Cruise tour please fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you right away! You can also get in touch with Louise directly by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org